2015 Program Events are Opening Soon!
2015 is nearly here and we’re continuing the adventure with more AWESOME program events! Winter and spring program events open on Ebiz to all members registered for the 2014-2015 membership year on November 12th, 2014. While there are too many programs at too many council properties to mention them all, here are some upcoming programs we’re excited to offer:
- Teen Mentoring Award Retreats: Do you love teaching younger Girl Scouts? Want to expand your leadership skills and learn how to problem solve on your feet? Then grab your sleeping bag and join us for a sleepover full of songs, games, creative experiments, and human knots while you practice the skills necessary for mentoring younger girls and complete the required council training in earning your Program Aide (Cadette-April 11-12, 2015 Woodhaven Program Center, Lima) or Volunteer-In-Training (Senior/Ambassador-January 24-25, 2015 Camp Rolling Hills, Pleasant Hill) pins.
- CSA Leadership Conference: Discover the Girl Behind the Mask! Join over 200 girls from Western Ohio as we spend the weekend at a hotel (Crowne Plaza, Blue Ash, Ohio) on February 14-16, 2015! Choose from a variety of workshops on topics like fencing, cooking, martial arts, knitting, and many more. This conference is planned by a girl planning committee to give you the opportunity to discover what you like, connect with new ideas and people, and take action to make the world a better place. Spaces are limited, so do not wait to register!
- Sow What Journey Retreat: Seniors join us on February 27-March 1, 2015 at Camp Libbey, Defiance and spend the weekend getting down to the science and roots of global food issues as you complete award components and leaders/adults learn how to mentor girls through a Journey experience.
- Eco-Overnight: Ever wanted to try calling an owl, test your night vision, or create the ultimate spider web? Juniors join us for an amazing adventure out in the wilds of camp stalking critters, going color crazy, and a whole lot more. We have two events coming up at Woodhaven Program Center, Lima on February 28-29, 2015 and at Camp Libbey, Defiance on April 11-12, 2015.
- Flag Ceremony Workshop: Learn about one of the oldest and most iconic Girl Scout traditions on March 21, 2015 at Camp Butterworth, Maineville! Girls of all ages learn how to show respect for the flag of the United States by first learning the basics of flag ceremonies and then getting the chance to practice their new skills.
- Family Night: Bring your family out to camp, explore the woods on a twilight hike, search for critters, do some star gazing, make a craft and complete your evening of outdoor fun with scrumptious S’mores around a campfire. We have two events: April 24, 2015 at Camp Rolling Hills, Pleasant Hill and May 8, 2015 at Woodhaven Program Center, Lima.
- Creative Contraptions: Juniors and Cadettes come on out for the first ever Girl Scout Rube Goldberg day. Whether it’s through watching Goldie Blox commercials or playing a game of mouse trap, we’ve all seen creative contraptions. Now learn about the science behind the machine, see popular ones, and make your own on April 18, 2015 at the Girl Scout Center, Dayton.
- Citizenship Badge Day: Juniors can learn what it means to be an active citizen, talk to a government official, understand laws, and so much more as they earn their Inside Government badge while Cadettes explore Finding Common Ground as they learn to debate, understand compromise and and Brownies try out Celebrating Community on this citizenship badge themed day on April 25, 2015 at the Girl Scout Center, Dayton.
- Life Skills: CSA girls gain practical life skills like Carpentry (Seniors/Ambassadors) and Woodworking (Cadettes) as volunteers from the National Association of Women in Construction teach them to use tools and construct from wood on April 25, 2015 at Camp Libbey, Defiance!
- Council Operated Troop Camp (COTC)– Brownies through Cadettes come spend an adventure filled weekend at Camp Rolling Hills, Pleasant Hill or Camp Whip Poor Will, Morrow on May 1-3, 2014! Stay in a lodge, a tent, or a cabin based on availability and participate in an array of awesome program opportunities that showcase what camp is all about.
- Girl Scout Day at the Museum: Daises and Brownies explore the science behind gliding as they hone their problem-solving skills in the egg-drop experiment led by education staff at the Armstrong Air and Space Museum May 2, 2015 in Wapakoneta. Once your workshop is done, discover space Ohio style as girls tour the musuem’s interactive exhibits. Older girls feeling left out? Join museum staff for your own overnight at the museum on March 14-15, 2015 (CSA) or April 25-26, 2015 (Brownie/Junior).
These are just a small taste of the many wonderful and sometimes wacky program events that are available this year. There are more adventures waiting for your troop. Further information about all of the program events we offer can be found in the Program Event Guide. Start the fun, register for 2015 events now!