Girl Scout Adult Trainings: Save the Date!
Have you ever wanted to expand your outdoor skills BEFORE you take your girls camping? Guide your girls through their Highest Awards project like a pro? Learn how to belay on our climbing walls? Confidently manage your troop finances? We’ve got all of these and more this year with some great adult training opportunities that are sure to help boost your confidence as you, and your girls, start off the new troop year. Here are a few of our upcoming opportunities, check our Activities tab under My GS and/or the 2016-2017 Program Event Guide (page 98-99) for more information and how to register (registration for some 2017 workshops will not open until November 2016)!
- Archery: calling all archers and archery enthusiasts. In this course you’ll learn safety, range rules, equipment/range care, shooting basics, how to teach and evaluate shooters, and at the end of the day you’ll be prepared to teach others this wonderful sport! Cost for this workshop is $10 per adult and workshops are scheduled at our camps in Waynesville, Defiance, Lima, and Maineville.
- Camping: new campers and veteran campers will find something useful in our training opportunities for all types of trips and age levels at our camps across Western Ohio.
- Lodge Camp Training: a required training for troops spending the night in a council-owned lodge or cabin. Can also be completed as a home study.
- Troop Camp Training: a required training for troops camping in all camp facilities like platform tents, wagons, and even personal tents. You’ll spend the day learning basic outdoor skills, tent care, and much more. Cost is $10 per person and workshops are scheduled at multiple camps across Western Ohio. Want to get trained at a camping event and bring your girls along? Join us at Campin’ Fever in spring 2017. See the Program Event Guide for more information on this fun troop event!
- Outdoor Trainer Training Course Overnight: do you have a passion for sharing your outdoor skills and knowledge of nature? Then this workshop is for you! You’ll explore teaching techniques and methods for outdoor skills and by the end of the workshop you’ll be ready to lead lodge and troop camp training courses. Cost for this overnight is $20 per person and the workshop is scheduled November 4, 2016 at Camp Rolling Hills in Pleasant Hill.
- Specialized Outdoor Program Training:this workshop includes training on slingshots, games/initiatives, low challenge course, belaying skills (for climbing walls), and nature/environmental activities. Cost for this workshop is $5 per person and the workshop is scheduled March 25, 2017.
- Highest Awards 101: parents and volunteers are encouraged to attend one of our in person workshops or a webinar as they prepare to support their Girl Scout through the steps of earning the highest awards in Girl Scouting.Workshops are free and are offered at all 4 Girl Scout Centers and also as webinars. Check the Program Event Guide for schedules.
- More Webinars and More Topics: we’ve got a whole schedule of webinars planned for 2016-2017 with a wide range of topics to help you with your troop this year. Ask our customer care hotline at 1-888-350-5090 for more information on how to register for these webinars.
- Troop Meeting Tips and Tricks
- Fall Product Sale Basics
- Troop Financial Management
- Go Digital-Volunteer Toolkit
- Cookies Basics for Troop Leaders
- The Cookie Rookie: Troop Cookie Managers
- Cookie Cafe: Troop Cookie Manager Webinars
- What a Year: Wrap-up and Restart
Did you see something useful? Or fun? Don’t forget to save that date and register yourself for one of the wonderful opportunities above. Here’s to being prepared and confident as we start a new troop year full of adventure and Girl Scout fun!