Submit Your Video to be Featured on GSWO Social Media Platforms!
Have you ever wanted to be featured on the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio social media channels? Well now you can!
From now until Sunday, March 11, we’re accepting video submissions of Girl Scouts, troops, and parents talking about what it means to be a G.I.R.L.! You can discuss one part, like what it means to be a Go-Getter, an Innovator, a Risk-Taker or a Leader, or all four at once! The choice is yours.
Not sure where to begin? Here are some prompts:
- What does it mean to be a go-getter?
- Describe a time you were a go-getter.
- What does it mean to be an innovator?
- Describe a time you saw a problem and creatively found a solution?
- Name an innovator who inspires you. What about them do you find so impactful?
- What does it mean to be a risk-taker?
- Talk about a time you took a risk and it paid of.
- Talk about a time you took a risk and failed. What did you learn from it?
- What does it mean to be a leader?
- Name a leader who inspires you. It doesn’t have to be a Girl Scout Troop Leader!
- Talk about a time you took the lead. What did you learn from it?
- What does it mean to be a G.I.R.L.?
- Do you identify with one part of G.I.R.L. more than another? Why? (Take our quiz if you’re not sure!)
- How has Girl Scouts helped you be a better G.I.R.L.?
A few things to keep in mind:
- Videos must be 10.8 MB or smaller.
- Videos must be shot horizontally, so turn your phone sideways if you’re using it to record.
- Have one person hold the camera and act as interviewer while someone else (or a group of people!) answer the questions on camera.
- Restate the question in your answer. For example, “One time that I took a risk and it paid off was when….”
- We recommend videos that are 30-60 seconds long, but you’re welcome to submit shorter or longer videos.
- Pay attention to background noise; the less there is, the easier it is to hear you (and the more likely you’ll be featured!)
- Videos in natural light (near a window, outside, etc.) are best. Just make sure you have the light source in front of you, or we won’t be able to see your faces!
- By submitting a video, you are confirming that all girls in the video have signed and submitted a media release. If you need a media release, contact the Customer Care Team at 888.350.5090 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
We’ll go through all of the videos and choose one for each letter to feature on our social media channels! And did we mention there might be a patch involved?
Ready to submit? Head to www.gswo.org/submitavideo to upload your file!