We Want YOU to Test the New Cybersecurity Badges for Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors!
We’ve teamed up with Girl Scouts of the USA and Palo Alto Networks to test the upcoming Cybersecurity badges for Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors!
We are looking for troops to volunteer their time to try out the Cybersecurity badges for Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors. Multi-level troops are welcome to apply if they are able to break into the specified Girl Scout levels, but there is not a specific multi-level option for this pilot opportunity. Your troop has the opportunity to impact program materials that are going to be used across the country next year!
We aim to include volunteers with a broad range of experiences (no STEM experience necessary!) and diverse make up.
Your girls will…
- Be the first to use new cybersecurity material with fun and engaging activities.
- Develop communication skills through providing feedback on the new program(s).
- Help your troop earn a $100 Amazon gift card to support troop-related program expenses.
- Accepted troops will also receive project start-up funds at the beginning — $12 per girl registered in the troop.
- Help develop new STEM Program, and be part of history!
Each participating troop will be required to complete the NEW Cybersecurity Badges for Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors between October 15, 2018 and December 31, 2018 and to participate in our pilot research.
Troop Participation Requirements
- Use the materials provided by GSUSA.
- Prepare for the activities and gather any supplies as you would for any other program or troop meeting.
- Complete all activities required to complete the program.
- Complete a volunteer information form before you start the program.
- Complete a session tracker after each meeting.
- Have each girl complete a post-program survey at the very end.
- Complete a volunteer closeout survey after the program is complete.
How to Apply
The application is easy! Just fill out this brief form no later than Friday, September 14, 2018.
Questions? Contact Customer Care Team at 888.350.5090 or email@example.com!
Chrystal CrawleyOctober 6, 2018 at 10:42 am
I am just seeing this for the first time. My multi level troop is working on the cybersecurity badge but I have not located the information for the cadette and senior levels. Is there somewhere I can order it. I know it is too late to sign up for the trial but any help would be appreciated.
Caitlin CheeversOctober 9, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Hi Chrystal! Thanks so much for your interest! Cybersecurity badges for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador levels have not yet been released by Girl Scouts of the USA. They’re testing the upcoming badges with select troops across the nation as part of a pilot program, then the requirements will be finalized and released to all members next year. I hope this helps!