5 Reasons Not to Attend a CSA Leadership Conference
Every year hundreds of middle and high school Girl Scouts from across western Ohio gather together for 2 amazing weekends of inspiration, innovation, and just plain fun. What are those weekends? They’re the CSA Leadership Conferences, of course! Why do girls keep coming back year after year? They love it! Like a lot! But will you love it? Maybe. Before you decide, consider this.
We’ve got 5 reasons NOT TO ATTEND the CSA Leadership Conference!
- You hate any activity that requires leaving your room! Seriously, spending the night in a hotel or at a lodge in the woods? Who likes to do that? You’d rather stay home than adventure out.
- You don’t want to try anything new! Hands-on activities that challenge you to do things you haven’t done before? Workshops, experiments, and inspiring speakers? Nope. Not your thing.
- You’ve got quite enough friends, thank you! You do not want to meet awesome girls your age from across Ohio. And don’t expect you to go beyond your troop to experience the sisterhood of Girl Scouts’ firsthand. You’ve got plenty of followers on Twitter, who needs in-person social interaction?
- You can’t unplug for even an hour! Any length of time that you aren’t staring at your phone, scrolling through your social media feed and checking the latest YouTube upload is a waste. What if you’re having a blast and you miss a tweet? Catastrophe!
- You seriously dislike fun! I mean, does anyone actually enjoy themselves anymore? Just because Simone Biles says “at the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day” doesn’t mean you should actually do things that are fun, right?
Does the above sound like you? No! You go, Girl Scout! You seek out challenges, crave new experiences, and love fun! So what are you waiting for? It’s time to join Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors from all across our council at a CSA Leadership Conference this year.
When are the CSA Leadership Conferences?
The Fall Leadership Conference is November 2-4, 2018 at Camp Libbey in Defiance, OH. You and over 100 other girls will meet new friends, try new things, and have one of the most memorable weekends of your Girl Scout experience! You’ll get to choose from fun workshops led by experts like jewelry making, science experiments, sign language, improv, archery and more. And what would camp be without games, songs, and night hikes? Registration closes October 13, 2018. Come with your troop mates, with a friend, or by yourself. Cost of $70/girl includes lodging (in the lodges, not the tents!), food, activities, trained chaperones, and a t-shirt.
The Winter Leadership Conference is February 16-18, 2019 at Quality Inn in Blue Ash, OH. With a theme like Pioneering Women: Don’t Predict The Future-Invent It! it’s going to be inspiring! Choose from a variety of awesome workshops and activities while learning about women who were pioneers in their fields. Attend a panel discussion led by women who have been civic pioneers in their communities as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the suffragette movement! You’ll also be completing a community service project for the Peyton Project. Cost of $145/girl includes lodging (a hotel this time!), food, activities, trained chaperones, and a t-shirt. Registration for this event will open in November of 2018 in Activities.
Leave a Reply