10 Reasons You Should Attend Bridge to the Future
Bridge to the Future is Girl Scout’s of Western Ohio’s annual signature event in Cincinnati where Girl Scouts come together for a traditional age level advancement ceremony, known as bridging, followed by a community celebration.
So what’s the big deal with Bridge to the Future? We’ve got 10 reasons you should attend this year!
- Make new friends and keep the old! Unite with your Girl Scout sisters from near and far for an annual gathering at the largest Girl Scout event in Cincinnati.
- Have you walked across the Purple People pedestrian bridge from Newport to Cincinnati? Cross this off your bucket list as you march with pride over the Ohio River.
- Hang out with our amazing community & event partners for a celebration around the Cincinnatus Sculpture at Sawyer Point packed with hands-on activities and demonstrations.
- Live music! Dance the day away with friends and family to the tunes of one of our energetic local DJs.
- Meet the CEO of Girl Scouts of Western Ohio, Roni Luckenbill! Roni will be a part of the advancement ceremony and, rumor has it, she will be giving away her one-of-a-kind CEO patch during the event.
- Did we mention food trucks? Cool down with a refreshing popsicle or grab a tasty bite to eat from one of our delicious vendors from the Cincinnati Food Truck Association.
- Spend the day with your supportive family members to show them what Girl Scouting is all about! Girl Scouts are encouraged to invite their loved ones to join them at this event.
- Earn a badge step for the next age level as soon as you step-off the bridge! There will be organized age level stations where Girl Scouts can get a taste of the activities they can look forward to after advancing.
- The SWAG! You will walk away with a unique hand-pressed Bridge to the Future T-Shirt, a delicious cookie from one of Cincinnati’s local bakers, and tons of takeaways from all of our fabulous partners.
- Make it a fun summer day out on the town in downtown Cincinnati! You can mosey over to the Newport Aquarium for $2 off discounted entry tickets, or catch a ballgame at Girl Scout Night a with the Reds at Great American Ballpark!
So what are you waiting for? Register today at gswo.org/bridge!
Traveling to make it to the event? Rent out space at one of our amazing camp properties to continue the adventure!