Top 10 Reasons to Buy Girl Scout Cookies
Buying Girl Scout cookies does a world of good!
Here are our top ten reasons to buy these delicious treats.
10. Girl Scout cookies are delicious! Choose from eight tasty varieties, including the best-selling Thin Mint and the new, gluten-free Toffee-tastic. There’s bound to be at least one flavor you can’t resist.
9. You’re supporting the largest girl-run business in the world and fueling tomorrow’s business leaders. Eighty percent of all female business owners participated in the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
8. Your support stays local. All of the net revenue raised through the Girl Scout Cookie Program—100 percent of it— stays with the local council and troops.
7. You’re helping girls learn a lifetime of skills and confidence. The Girl Scout Cookie Program is much more than selling cookies. Girls learn 5 valuable skills—goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics—aspects essential to leadership, success, and life.
6. You make adventures possible with every box. Troops decide how to use the funds they raise, including funding projects that will improve their community, attending camp, once-in-a-lifetime travel, and much more.
5. There’s a calorie free option – Operation Cookie! If you have food allergies, are counting calories, or are not a cookie eater, donate boxes to Operation Cookie. You’ll double your giving efforts by supporting Girl Scouts, who keep their earnings, and by sending a taste of home to military personnel serving overseas. Troops can also choose groups like local food banks, Ronald McDonald House, or homeless shelters to receive donated boxes of cookies. Last year, our council donated nearly 94,000 boxes through Operation Cookie.
4. They’re American made. Girl Scout Cookies are produced by members of American Labor unions. They are made with American-grown agricultural products and wrapped in American-made packaging materials.
3. It’s easier than ever to get your hands on a box. In addition to the traditional methods of taking orders, you can now place orders through a program called, “Digital Cookie,” where a Girl Scout you know can invite you, via email, to purchase cookies online with a credit card through her personalized website. Traditional booth sales begin March 4 and run through the end of March. Visit girlscoutcookies.org to find the closest Girl Scout Cookie booth in your community.
2. They’re only available once a year. Girl Scouts participate in many activities throughout the year and work on many projects. The cookie sale is just one of those activities. And because only girls may sell Girl Scout Cookies, their market availability is limited to the six- to eight-week period when they are engaged in the program (January 8 through the end of March).
1. Your purchase means a party for your taste buds and life-changing support of girls doing big things. If there’s anything that can make cracking open a box of fresh Girl Scout Cookies even better, it’s knowing that you’ve contributed to helping empower girls with the skills, strength, abilities, and drive they’ll need to become accomplished women who benefit themselves, their families, and their communities.
This year, consider getting “one more box” to help girls reach their goals.
About Girl Scouts of Western Ohio
In partnership with more than 13,000 adult volunteers, Girl Scouts of Western Ohio serves more than 42,000 girl members in 32 counties throughout Western Ohio and Southeastern Indiana. A United Way funded agency, all Girl Scouts activities are supported by adult volunteers using girl-led, hands-on, and cooperative learning practices. Chartered by Girl Scouts of the USA, we build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. For more information, call 888.350.5090, visit gswo.org, or follow Girl Scouts of Western Ohio on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.