Leveling Up with Girl Scouts: Bridging Ceremonies and Early Bird
“Walking across that short wooden bridge as a 5th grader with my parents and friends watching and finally becoming a Cadette is one of my proudest Girl Scout memories. That bridge seemed so long (it was really only about 4 feet) and I felt like I’d grown up so much just by crossing it.” – Regina, a Girl Scout alumna and current volunteer.
Milestones in scouting like bridging ceremonies are important touchstones for girls to celebrate their accomplishments and highlight their future adventures. Plus, who doesn’t love a little recognition in their life? While there are specific bridging requirements for earning each age level’s award the ceremonies themselves can be as unique or traditional as the girls wish. As long as the ceremony is personal, meaningful, and fun (if you’re looking for ideas we suggest checking out our post 5 Tips to Make Bridging Memorable) you’ve created an experience girls will cherish for years to come.
As your troop bridges to a new level in Girl Scouts don’t forget registering early for the next troop year has some awesome benefits for both girls and adults. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Girls get the Early Bird patch. And we all know how much girls love (free) patches!
- An extra nickel per box of cookies! Troops that register at least 5 girls and 2 approved adults by June 30, 2016 and participate in the fall sale receive an extra 5 cents for every box of cookies they sell.
- First access to fall program event registration. A preview of next year’s program events will be available May 1st, 2016 on our website and early bird girls can start registering for them in June, 2016.
- No chasing down registrations next fall. We all know how busy fall gets with school starting, fall sports, and getting back into the swing of things. Why not make it easier on yourself and have your Girl Scout paperwork all ready to go?
- Toolkit Access. The toolkit is an online resource that helps with meeting planning, badge requirements, and organizing the troop year. Check out the YouTube video below for a quick tutorial on how this cool resource works.
Need more information on Western Ohio’s early bird registration and incentives? Check out our Early Bird Flier and set your calendar for May 1st to renew your troop’s registration!