We Want YOU to Test the New Computer Science Journey for CSA Troops!
We’ve teamed up with Girl Scouts of the USA and Raytheon to test the NEW Computer Science Journey for Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors, and Multi-Level (6th -12th grade) troops!
We are looking for troops to volunteer their time to test the NEW Computer Science Journey for Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors, and Multi-Level (6th -12th grade) troops. Your troop has the opportunity to impact program materials that are going to be used across the country at the end of this year!
We aim to include volunteers with a broad range of:
- Experiences: No STEM experience necessary!
- Backgrounds: We are looking for diverse troops and encourage troops with girls from military families to apply. That way we can get a sample of troops with and without military involvement!
Your girls will…
- Be the first to use new STEM material with fun and engaging activities.
- Develop communication skills through providing feedback on the new program(s).
- Help your troop earn a $100 Amazon gift card to support troop-related program expenses.
- Accepted troops will also receive project start-up funds at the beginning — $12 per girl registered in the troop.
- Help develop new STEM Program, and be part of history!
Each participating troop will be required to complete the NEW Computer Science Journey for Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors, and Multi-Level (6th -12th grade) troops between February 2, 2018 and April 1, 2018 and to participate in our pilot research.
Troop Participation Requirements
- Use the materials provided by GSUSA.
- Prepare for the activities and gather any supplies as you would for any other program or troop meeting.
- Complete all activities required to complete the program.
- Complete a volunteer information form before you start the program.
- Complete a session tracker after each meeting.
- Have each girl complete a post-program survey at the very end.
- Complete a volunteer closeout survey after the program is complete.
How to Apply?
The application is easy! Just fill out this brief form no later than Friday, January 19, 2018.
Questions? Contact the Customer Care Team at 888.350.5090 or firstname.lastname@example.org! Keep in mind we’re closed on Monday, January 15 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, but we’ll be open again at 8:30 on Tuesday morning!