The Volunteer Toolkit Resources Tab 2.0!
Have you heard the news? The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) has gotten a major upgrade on the Resources Tab! It’s now designed to be even more helpful for volunteers and parents. Awesome, right?
Here’s everything you need to know about the update.
What is the Resources Tab?
The resources tab houses essential and helpful information in the form of videos, printable materials, and links to useful information and resources in one convenient spot. It now includes more than double the resources than previously in a blend of resources from GSUSA and GSWO! Plus, GSWO is able to update those resources as needed, and changes will show up in real time. How cool is that?!
With the new organization and more resources at your fingertips, the Resources Tab is sure to be one of your go-to tools to plan your troop year.
What’s New about the Resources Tab?
There are three main updates to the Resources Tab that you’ll want to know about.
From Your Council Section
At the top of the Resources Tab is a section called “From Your Council,” where GSWO can highlight specific information like program resources, upcoming Activities, product sales announcements, updates to resources, and more! The section will clearly list when it has last been updated, so you won’t have to check it every time you log into the VTK—just when it’s been updated recently.
Underneath From Your Council there are tabs for each Girl Scout grade level, including Multi-level! There are specific resources for each grade level, like the relevant camp guides, badge logs, and more. Since every grade level is included, this means you can browse resources for other grade levels as well!
Curious what your Brownies will do next year once they bridge to Juniors? Simply click on the Junior tab to find out! Easy, right?
New, Easy-to-Navigate Organization
And finally, the resources themselves have been grouped into nine overall categories, with resources from GSUSA and GSWO in each section. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Troop Leadership. Your troop leader basics: Volunteer Essentials, Troop Start Up Guide, GSWO Blog, etc.
- Training. Required and recommended training and learning opportunities for leaders: Volunteer Tips & Tricks, Camp Training, Volunteer Learning Opportunities, Journey Training, etc.
- Fall Product Program. Essential info, updated seasonally: About the Fall Product Program, must-have resources, training, etc.
- Family Hub. Information for parents, caregivers and other family members to support a girl’s Girl Scout experience: Cookie Family Guide, Program Events Guide, Family Guide, etc.
- GS Traditions & Awards. Traditions and Awards unique to the Girl Scout experience: GS traditions and ceremonies, volunteer recognition, Leadership Awards, etc.
- Cookie Program. Essential info on all things Cookies: Cookie FAQs, Cookie Book, eBudde access, etc.
- Safety. Keep girls safe by following these guidelines and using the tools and documents for planning: Safety Activity Checkpoints, permission slips, health information and release forms, etc.
- Trips & Travel. Opportunities, required training, and essential tools and resources for planning trips and travel experiences: Girl Scout Destinations, Troop Trip Training, additional insurance guide, etc.
- Camp or Outdoor. Essential info, tools, planning guides and more for camp and outdoor experiences: Outdoor Progression Guide, Lodge and Troop Camp Training, property rental guidelines, summer camp opportunities, etc.
If you’re more of a visual learner, Program and Partnerships Manager Layla put together a video walk-through of the new Resources Tab for you! Check it out at the top of the post.